Assessment title: Research Portfolio
Alignment with learning outcome(s):
|Identify relevant and significant nursing issues for investigation.
|Analyse varying understandings of the nature of evidence and the process of evidence-based practice.
|only locate of the “Locate, critically appraise and synthesise research evidence relating to nursing questions.”
Details of task: Students will compile a portfolio consisting of ALL the following activities:
Generation of a research question and preparation for the critical appraisal (Research Portfolio Part A)
- Identify a clinical, educational, or management issue of direct relevance to nursing or midwifery and within your scope of practice /influence (about one paragraph in length). Your clinical question should be answered by a randomized controlled trial This issue must form the basis of your Research Portfolios.
- Define the information gap
- Identify the PICO components
- Construct an answerable question using PICO
- Describe your search strategy
- List databases searched
- Perform your search using PICO elements and appropriate AND/OR combinations.
- Save your search items from your MEDLINE search via ‘screenshot’
- List the studies returned in your search,