DNP 840 Topic 3 Care Delivery or Nursing Model Change
General Requirements:This assignment will give you practice with presentation software along with preparing you to provide specific information for your proposed changes. This is a two-part assignment that will also give you practice in presenting to administrators.There will be times when the doctorally prepared advance practice nurse will need to suggest a nursing model change or a change in care delivery. It will be important for the doctorally prepared advanced practice nurse to have an understanding of how to deliver information and what information should be shared with an audience.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Create a 12-15 slide presentation (PowerPoint, include slide notes or voice over; Prezi, include voice over) that presents a proposed care delivery or nursing model change for a department that aligns costs, quality, and health that supports the care of patients across the continuum. Include the following:
- Background of issue
- The proposed solution
- How solution meets need of population (stakeholders, cost, and payer to proposed change)
- Proposed change process to implement delivery model
- Expected outcomes
- Implications that are realistic and aligned with current and future health care financing
- Present your presentation to at least one administrator.
- Write a brief summary, 100-250 words, of the feedback given to you by the administrator(s).
Portfolio Practice Hours:
Practice immersion assignments are based on your current course objectives and is application based learning using your real-world practice setting. These assignments earn practice immersion hours and are indicated in the syllabus by a Portfolio Practice Hours statement, which reminds you, the learner, to enter in a corresponding case log in Typhon. Actual clock hours are entered, but the average hours associated with each practice immersion assignment is 10.
You are required to complete your assignment using real-world application. Real-world application requires the use of evidence-based data, contemporary theories, and concepts presented in the course. The culmination of your assignment must present a viable application in a current practice setting. For more information on parameters for practice immersion hours, please refer to DNP resources in the DC Network.
To earn portfolio practice hours, enter the following after the references section of your paper:
Practice Hours Completion Statement DNP-840
I, (INSERT NAME), verify that I have completed (NUMBER OF) clock hours in association with the goals and objectives for this assignment. I have also tracked said practice hours in the Typhon Student Tracking System for verification purposes and will be sure that all approvals are in place from my faculty and practice mentor.