Assignment NURS6551 Primary Care for Women
Assignment: NURS6551 Primary Care for Women
Directions* There is not a page requirement for the journals as long as the topics listed are covered. Each week needs its own scholarly reference section and must be sighted within the paper.
NURS6551 Primary Care for Women Assignment Week 1 Journal
As a future advanced practice nurse, it is important that you are able to connect your classroom experience to your Practicum Experience. By applying the concepts you study in the classroom to clinical settings, you enhance your professional competency. Each week you complete an Assignment such as Journal Entries or SOAP Notes that prompts you to reflect on your Practicum Experiences and relate them to the material presented in the classroom. This week you begin documenting your Practicum Experiences in your Practicum Journal.
To prepare for this course’s Practicum Experience, address the following in your Practicum Journal: • Select and explain a nursing theory or feminist perspective to guide your clinical practice. • Develop goals and objectives for the Practicum Experience in this course. When developing your goals and objectives, be sure to keep women’s health guidelines and best practices in mind. • Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
(Uploaded a power point with requirements listed on a slide about half way through the power point)
NURS6551 Primary Care for Women Assignment Week 2 Journal
To prepare for this course’s Practicum Experience, think about common screenings for women. Explain how screenings differ for younger women and older women, and explain the implications of these differences.
Requirements for patient encounters per course: NURS6551 Primary Care for Women Assignment
· Consensus of patient numbers by course. These are MINIMUM numbers of patients:
· NURS 6531 – 144 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6540 – 100 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6541 – 144 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6550 – 75 patients in 144 hours
· ***NURS 6551 – 100 GYN patients; 25 OB patients in 144 required hours
· NURS 6560 – 75 patients in 144 hours
· NURS 6565 – 144 patients in 144 hours
Click here to ORDER an A++ paper from our MASTERS and DOCTORATE WRITERS:Assignment: NURS6551 Primary Care for Women
· PMHNP Courses: NURS 6640, NURS 6650, NURS 6660, NURS 6670:
· “Students in the PMHNP program will need to complete 144 hours of practicum in EACH of the four practicum courses. It is acknowledged that a variety of factors will influence the number of clients seen, but students should strive to see as many clients possible each clinical day.”
· *A minimum of 144 clinical hours are required in each practicum course. More hours can be completed but cannot transfer to another clinical course.
· Students are to upload their information on the time log and patients log every 48 hours.
· Midterm and final evals by preceptor need to be completed in Meditrek.
· Midterm eval should be completed prior to midterm conference call, then reviewed.
· Didactic faculty are responsible to ensure ALL clinical students have their time logs signed and final evals completed prior to entering final grade.
Documenting Clinical Experiences for the Course
· To prepare for this course’s Practicum Experience, address the following in Practicum Journal (AGPCNP and FNP students ONLY):
· Select and describe a nursing theory to guide your practice.
· Develop goals and objectives for your Practicum Experience in this course. When developing r goals and objectives, students are to be sure to keep the competency domains of practice in mind.
· Create a timeline of practicum activities based on your practicum requirements.
Midterm and Final Evaluations
· All students are required to have their preceptor complete a midterm and final evaluation in order to pass the course
· Midterm evaluation is done through Meditrek and should be completed by the preceptor during weeks 4-6; the preceptor will receive login credentials to Meditrek beginning in week 3.
· Students must have a satisfactory final evaluation by preceptor in Meditrek by end of week 10.
All students are required to have their preceptor and practicum site evaluation in Meditrek by end of week 10
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!