Assignment: Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
1. In the research conducted by Hans Eysenck, factor analysis was used to identify ________ basic personality dimensions. Of these, the tendency to distort reality was labeled:
- five; conscientiousness
- three; extraversion
- three; psychoticism
- five; neuroticism.2. I show you a picture of an adult figure hovering over a sleeping child. I ask you to tell me a story about what you think is happening. Which kind of projective test am I using?
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
- Behavioral assessment test
- Rorschach test
- Thematic Apperception Test3. I’m not all that happy, but when I smile I feel better. This idea might best be expressed by the
- emotional similarity theory.
- theory of universal affect programming.
- facial feedback hypothesis.
- facial-affect program.4. Having been attacked and bitten by a German shepherd, Sam reacts with fear on spotting any large dog. According to recent developments in brain research the linking role of the _________ is paramount in the recall of this sort of fear-evoking stimulus.
- visual cortex
- left temporal lobe
- hippocampusMinnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-25. To formulate a general definition of emotion, it will be most accurate to say that
- emotions are feelings that have both physiological and cognitive elements.
- emotions are adaptive physiological responses to feelings.
- an emotion is a specific reaction to a perceived change in a situation.
- emotion is a feeling state evoked by an expressed behavior.6. Which of the following statements regarding the outcomes of Mary Ainsworth’s strange situation experiments is most accurate?
- Only two-year-olds are capable of showing a secure attachment.
- Ambivalent children may both hit and embrace their mother on her return.
- Disorganized-disoriented behavior precedes a secure attachment.
- Avoidant children cry when the mother returns to the playroom.7. If you support the idea that physiological arousal and the experience of an associated emotion will occur simultaneously, you’ll agree with the
- Schachter-Singer theory of emotion.
- Cannon-Bard theory of emotion.
- James-Lange theory of emotion.
- biological emotion-activation theory.8. Which of the following statements regarding human sexuality is most accurate?
- Regarding premarital sex, the double standard applies to both men and women.
- In females, estrogen production is a direct result of ovulation.
- Only a minority of people engage in sex fantasies during actual intercourse.
- Masturbation is an infrequent but not uncommon cause of sexual dysfunctions.Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-29. In Maslow’s needs hierarchy, people whose need for _______ has been fulfilled are poised to ascend to the level of self-actualization.
- love and belongingness10. In the Binet IQ test, an IQ score is equal to MA divided by CA times 100. In this formula, “MA” is to mental age as “CA” is to
- common age.
- chronological age.
- calculated ability.
- cognitive age.11. During middle adulthood, the most clearly marked biological change is related to
- memory loss.
- weight loss.
- reproductive capabilities.
- the so-called midlife transition.ORDER NOW FOR A CUSTOM-WRITTEN, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPER WITH ALL INSTRUCTIONS FOLLOWED12. You maintain that physical changes in late adulthood are largely related to built-in time limits to cell reproduction. It’s safe to say that you endorse the _______ theory of aging.
- amyloid precursor
- genetic preprogramming13. In Piaget’s model of cognitive development, a child’s tendency to view the world entirely from his or her own perspective is referred to as
- the concrete operational stage.
- egocentric thought.
- the sensorimotor stage.Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-214. In late adulthood, changes in memory may not be inevitable; however, any decline in memory tends to involve _______ memory.
- intrinsic15. Sternberg’s concept of practical intelligence is most directly related to
- emotional intelligence.
- information processing.
- multiple intelligences.
- overall success in living.16. According to _______ approaches to motivation, each person strives to maintain a certain level of stimulation and activity.
- drive-reduction17. In the _______ theory of motivation, _______ motivation is to satisfaction provided by activities that are their own reward as _______ motivation is to satisfaction derived from the reward for some kind of behavior, such as money or status.
- drive-reduction; extrinsic; intrinsic
- drive-reduction; dependent; autonomous
- cognitive; autonomous; dependent
- cognitive; intrinsic; extrinsic18. If you agree with B.F. Skinner as to the nature of personality, you would also agree that
- human personality is largely shaped through observational learning.
- humans are infinitely changeable because they can learn new behavior patterns.
- traits like sociability arise from unconscious wishes to be liked by others.
- personality is shaped by people’s thoughts, feelings, expectations, and values.19. According to Erik Erikson, generativity-versus-stagnation is the typical challenge of
- old age.
- middle adulthood.
- early adulthood.
- adolescence.Important information for writing discussion questions and participationHi Class,
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!