Assignment: Health promotion in the care of the childbearing
The purpose of this assignment is to
· Provide learners with the opportunity to integrate knowledge and skills learned throughout this course
· Directly apply principles and knowledge learned in the course to problem solving of population health problems in marginalized women.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
1. Integrate current evidence based clinical practice guidelines in the care of childbearing and childrearing families.
2. Appropriately apply anticipatory guidance and health promotion in the care of childbearing and childrearing families.
3. Assess growth and developmental milestones in the care of childbearing and childrearing families.
4. Construct an evidence based reproductive health management plan.
5. Identify and address healthcare needs of marginalized childbearing and childrearing families
Total Points Possible: 150
Assignment: Health promotion in the care of childbearing Requirements
This paper should clearly and comprehensively identify the disease or population health problem chosen. The problem must be an issue in your geographic area and a concern for the population you will serve upon graduation with your degree. The paper should be organized into the following sections:
1. Introduction with a clear presentation of the marginalized group as well as significance and a scholarly overview of the paper.
2. Background of the marginalized group/problem including description, current incidence and/or prevalence statistics current state, local, and national statistics pertaining to the problem.
3. Discuss the economic aspects of the marginalized group
4. Discuss social justice and its relationship to health disparities and health care of marginalized group.
5. Discuss ethical issues on marginalized group
6. Provide a brief plan of how you will address this marginalized group in your practice once you are finished with school. Provide three actions you will take along with how you will measure outcomes of your actions.
7. Conclude in a clear manner with a brief overview of key points of the entire problem
Preparing the Paper
Choose one topic from the following list:
Women with HIV***************************************************************
Women Sex Workers
Women with Mental Illness
Women with Past Sexual Assault
Paper Length: 5-6 pages, excluding title/cover and reference pages
APA format 6th edition
|Scholarly Introduction (clear presentation of marginalized group)||20|
|Background and significance of the marginalized group (includes incidence or prevalence statistics)||20|
|Socio-Economic aspects of the marginalized group||20|
|Social justice and its relationship to health disparities and health care of marginalized group||20|
|Ethical issues of the marginalized group||25|
|Plan of action (includes at least three evidenced based actions, supported by literature, that the student will take in their own practice and how outcomes will be measured)||30|
|Mechanics of writing, APA||5|
|Identification of the chosen marginalized group||20 Points|
|Comprehensively identifies the chosen marginalized group.|
|Background and significance of the marginalized group (includes incidence and prevalence statistics)||20 Points|
|Comprehensive review of background and significance of chosen marginalized group.|
|Socio-Economic issues of the problem||20 Points|
|Clearly presents and fully explains the socio economic issues of marginalized
group with current supporting evidence.
|Social justice and its relationship to health disparities and health care of chosen marginalized group||20 Points|
|Comprehensive review social injustice is discussed along with its relationship to health
disparitities and health care. Supported by current scholarly evidence.
|Ethical issues of the chosen marginalized group||25 Points|
|Comprehensive review of ethical issues current supporting evidence.|
|Plan of action (includes at least three evidenced based actions, supported by literature, that the student will take in their own practice and how outcomes will be measured)||30 Points|
|A comprehensive plan of action specific to the chosen marginalized group; three
evidence-based actions to address the impact AND outcomes of the marginalized
group. Supported by current scholarly evidence.
|The conclusion thoroughly, clearly, succinctly, and logically presents
major points of the paper with clear direction for action.
|Grammar, Spelling, APA||5 Points|
|Assignment: Health promotion in the care of childbearing||APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate, or with zero errors.
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!