Assignment: Building Interactions in Medical Practice
Based on your assessment of your personal needs, submitted on your “Request for Practicum Experience” prior to registering for this course, write your overall practicum goals.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
After your overall practicum goals have been approved, begin to write the learning goals that will guide your learning in meeting your overall practicum goals. This will be completed in your Nursing Education Practicum Documentation. Refer to materials from previous courses in the nursing education track to be sure that your goals are written appropriately.
This is what I wrote but the instructor wants it rewritten. She included her instructions
Building Interactions in Medical Practice
At the completion of this practicum I plan
on doing the following goals:will be able to:
1. One of my first goals is to demonstrate a creative environment that will enable to assist help the students in their learning process along with the course curricular manuals. The students I will be teaching are currently enrolled in the R.N. associates’ program. It is important that I have a good relationship and interaction with the students as well as having discussion groups, demonstrating and creating an environment in which the students will actively participate[LE1] .
2. The second goal will be that I will develop an interactive relationship with the instructor (mentor) that I will be assisting by developing my own communication skills. Having a good relationship with the instructor that will continue throughout the course will benefit both myself and the students involved. Networking and professional personal relationships can be a vital part of a new nursing educators’ success.
3. A third goal that I have for this practicum course is that I will develop the ability to adapt to different learning styles that the students may bring to the classroom and thus be[LE2] able toto present a lesson plan that is understandable by all students. It is my intent to have an open-door policy as well as an open mind to enable me to adapt to different learning styles.
1.The fourth goal is that I would be able to be demonstrate effective instruction in the classroom by availing myself of the resources that are available both online and at the school. Understanding the resources, the students have available will help me succeed as an educator.
1. Accomplishing goals is one measure of success, helping others reach their goals is another! Making new goals and actively trying to achieve these goals are transferable traits that help improve oneself as well as the betterment of each other!
The goals that are presented will be accomplished and then there will be new goals made. New goals are often made as different stages in life are accomplished, once one has been met then a new goal is being set up already often several at a time. Goals often motivate an individual to better themselves and further educate oneself.
Diane, basically what you have to do here is clean up the narrative. Your goals or outcomes should be measurable and broadly stated. None of the explanations you provided are part of this. So you can see that much of what you have written I have red-lined. There are some revisions still needed with the goals, and I have inserted suggestions, so please revise them and resubmit. Then I can approve them and you should be ready to go. Building Interactions in Medical Practice.
[LE1]This is not part of the goal/outcome.
[LE2]If you write this you are adding a second verb and behavior to the outcome. You can only have one.
Important information for writing discussion questions and participation
Please read through the following information on writing a Discussion question response and participation posts.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Important information on Writing a Discussion Question
- Your response needs to be a minimum of 150 words (not including your list of references)
- There needs to be at least TWO references with ONE being a peer reviewed professional journal article.
- Include in-text citations in your response
- Do not include quotes—instead summarize and paraphrase the information
- Follow APA-7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
Participation –replies to your classmates or instructor
- A minimum of 6 responses per week, on at least 3 days of the week.
- Each response needs at least ONE reference with citations—best if it is a peer reviewed journal article
- Each response needs to be at least 75 words in length (does not include your list of references)
- Responses need to be substantive by bringing information to the discussion or further enhance the discussion. Responses of “I agree” or “great post” does not count for the word count.
- Follow APA 7th edition
- Points will be deducted if the above is not followed
- Remember to use and follow APA-7th edition for all weekly assignments, discussion questions, and participation points.
- Here are some helpful links
- Student paper example
- Citing Sources
- The Writing Center is a great resource
Welcome to class
Hello class and welcome to the class and I will be your instructor for this course. This is a -week course and requires a lot of time commitment, organization, and a high level of dedication. Please use the class syllabus to guide you through all the assignments required for the course. I have also attached the classroom policies to this announcement to know your expectations for this course. Please review this document carefully and ask me any questions if you do. You could email me at any time or send me a message via the “message” icon in halo if you need to contact me. I check my email regularly, so you should get a response within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 24 hours and need to contact me urgently, please send a follow up text to.
I strongly encourage that you do not wait until the very last minute to complete your assignments. Your assignments in weeks 4 and 5 require early planning as you would need to present a teaching plan and interview a community health provider. I advise you look at the requirements for these assignments at the beginning of the course and plan accordingly. I have posted the YouTube link that explains all the class assignments in detail. It is required that you watch this 32-minute video as the assignments from week 3 through 5 require that you follow the instructions to the letter to succeed. Failure to complete these assignments according to instructions might lead to a zero. After watching the video, please schedule a one-on-one with me to discuss your topic for your project by the second week of class. Use this link to schedule a 15-minute session. Please, call me at the time of your appointment on my number. Please note that I will NOT call you.
Please, be advised I do NOT accept any assignments by email. If you are having technical issues with uploading an assignment, contact the technical department and inform me of the issue. If you have any issues that would prevent you from getting your assignments to me by the deadline, please inform me to request a possible extension. Note that working fulltime or overtime is no excuse for late assignments. There is a 5%-point deduction for every day your assignment is late. This only applies to approved extensions. Late assignments will not be accepted.
If you think you would be needing accommodations due to any reasons, please contact the appropriate department to request accommodations.
Plagiarism is highly prohibited. Please ensure you are citing your sources correctly using APA 7th edition. All assignments including discussion posts should be formatted in APA with the appropriate spacing, font, margin, and indents. Any papers not well formatted would be returned back to you, hence, I advise you review APA formatting style. I have attached a sample paper in APA format and will also post sample discussion responses in subsequent announcements.
Your initial discussion post should be a minimum of 200 words and response posts should be a minimum of 150 words. Be advised that I grade based on quality and not necessarily the number of words you post. A minimum of TWO references should be used for your initial post. For your response post, you do not need references as personal experiences would count as response posts. If you however cite anything from the literature for your response post, it is required that you cite your reference. You should include a minimum of THREE references for papers in this course. Please note that references should be no more than 5 years old except recommended as a resource for the class. Furthermore, for each discussion board question, you need ONE initial substantive response and TWO substantive responses to either your classmates or your instructor for a total of THREE responses. There are TWO discussion questions each week, hence, you need a total minimum of SIX discussion posts for each week. I usually post a discussion question each week. You could also respond to these as it would count towards your required SIX discussion posts for the week.
I understand this is a lot of information to cover in 5 weeks, however, the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. Even in times like this, we are encouraged by God’s word that we have that ability in us to succeed with His strength. I pray that each and every one of you receives strength for this course and life generally as we navigate through this pandemic that is shaking our world today. Relax and enjoy the course!